What data do we collect?¶
CellEngine is a scientific data processing application. You can input, upload and analyze content, such as flow cytometry data in the form of FCS files and related analysis information. In addition, we collect the following data:
- Personal contact information (name, email address, affiliated company or organization) and credentials (username, password) for you.
- Contact information (name, billing address, email address) for your affiliated company or organization.
- Feedback and support message content that you send to us.
- Information about your browser, computer, IP address, approximate location, language preferences, referring URLs, information about how you use our site and other technical information.
How do we collect your data?¶
You directly provide us with most of the data that we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a survey, provide feedback or communicate with support on any of our message channels or via email.
- Use or view our website, via your browser’s cookies.
- Upload or input scientific data content (such as flow cytometry data and related analysis information).
How will we use your data?¶
We use your data to:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with product updates that we think you might like.
- Provide support and request or discuss feedback.
- Enable user-to-user communication. For example, when another user wishes to share an analysis with you, you will be notified at the email address that you provide.
- Function as an analysis platform. Your scientific data is processed automatically by our servers when you use our site to analyze your data.
- Fix bugs. For example, if our servers encounter an error while you are using our site, we may contact you by email in order to provide support, or to a limited extent, review your scientific data content for troubleshooting. See the protections described below for more information.
- Protect our site. For example, we may perform fraud monitoring and prevention.
- Enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
- Respond to legal requests and prevent harm. In the event that we receive a legal request such as a subpoena, we may need to examine data that we hold in order to determine how to respond.
We do not share your data with unrelated companies. However, we pass your information to third-party electronic service providers working on our behalf for the purposes of carrying out data processing and providing services to you:
- We host our product on Google Cloud Platform.
- We use Mailgun to securely send email newsletters and send administrative notifications, such as that another user has shared an analysis with you or that you have requested a password reset.
Would someone at CELLCARTA ever view my scientific data content?¶
In order to solve issues and improve the usability of our site, our staff may access your content to these limited extents, unless your organization has an agreement with us requiring approval before any access happens:
- If an error occurs while you are using our services, we may review the smallest amount of information necessary to troubleshoot the error. For example, we may examine a specific FCS file of yours that has caused an error. If we require more than what we consider minimal access, we will contact you for consent before proceeding.
- If an outage or wide-spread issue has occurred and we are performing a recovery operation, we may need to examine your content in order to assess its integrity and resume normal operations.
- To tailor our site’s features to our users, we may perform analytics on your aggregated content. For example, we may determine the most common shapes and sizes of datasets, the most popular flow cytometers used, or the most common reagents across all or many of our users. This aggregated data does not contain any personal information and cannot be connected to any specific user.
- According to the earlier terms, in case of legal obligations.
When you contact us through the support channel, you will be given the option to share your experiment with support. You may also share any experiment with firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do so, you are allowing us to view your experiment in its entirety until you un-share the experiment with support.
Where do we store your data?¶
We securely store your data on servers in the United States. This means that you acknowledge that your personal information will be transmitted to, hosted and accessed in the United States.
For transfers of personal data from within the European Union to the United States, CellCarta has implemented the Standard Contractual Clauses as approved by the European Commission and the following supplementary measures to guarantee the security of the transfer: pseudonymization.
How long do we store your data?¶
We will keep your personal and scientific data for as long as you have an active account.
If you terminate your account or your account is terminated, we keep your data for up to 30 days. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by removing it from our servers. If you have shared your data with other users on our site and they have made copies of it, their copies will remain available to them and to anyone else they have shared the data with.
We may keep your feedback and support communications unless you request that we delete it.
Access data and server logs are stored for 30 days.
Marketing, newsletters and surveys¶
You may sign up to receive a newsletter or other alerts when registering for CellEngine. When you sign up, we will ask you what information you would like to receive. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or from giving your data to other members of the CELLCARTA Companies. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please update your user profile on https://cellengine.com.
From time to time we may ask you to participate in surveys. Participation is voluntary but may involve disclosure of certain personal information. Each survey will explain how such personal information will be used and whether it will be aggregated or anonymized to help protect your privacy.
Protections for minors¶
You must be at least 18 years old to register and submit personal information to this site. If you are under 18 years of age you cannot register to use this site and a parent or guardian may not assist you to register nor register in your name. If we learn that a user is under the age of 18, we will take appropriate steps to remove their information.
What are your data protection rights?¶
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request CELLCARTA to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you as of the receipt of the request (which period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of requests). If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, users who are residents of California are permitted to request and obtain information about the categories of personal information (if any) that we disclosed to third-parties for direct marketing purposes, and the names and addresses of all third-parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. This may be obtained once a year and free of charge. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our Web sites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?¶
How to manage cookies¶
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, and https://www.allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, our website features will not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites¶
How to contact us¶
Write to us at:
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
Caprion Biosciences Inc.
201 President Kennedy Avenue, Suite PK-3900
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
How to contact the appropriate authority¶
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concerns in a satisfactory manner, you may contact your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact information at http://ec.europea.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.